Liverpool Hospital, Liverpool, NSW
The $790 million redevelopment of Liverpool Hospital is one step closer with the unveiling of the designs for the world-class medical, research and education precinct.
The Envirosystems Solution
The works include the reconfiguration of existing car parks, a new kitchen facility, a new mortuary, helipad upgrades and a temporary education facility to enable the hospital to operate throughout the main works, which are expected to begin in 2021.
The Liverpool Health and Academic Precinct includes:
- About 900 beds (an increase of more than 20 per cent)
- Significant expansion in ambulatory services with almost double the number of treatment spaces for chemotherapy (from 35 to 67), as well as an increase to over 330 spaces to provide expanded clinics, treatment rooms and assessment services
- Expanded services for women and children, with 16 new birthing suites, 50 beds across the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Special Care Nursery (including a doubling of NICU capacity to 24 beds)
- Larger emergency department, intensive care unit and more theatres
- New multi-storey car park with improved pick-up and drop-off points