With over 85% of Australia’s population living within 50km from the coast and 66% living in capital cities (www.abs.gov.au), the importance of protecting structures against ground water/ water table is paramount. The Enviro BSM system has been specifically developed to avoid expensive remediation costs associated with ground water ingress.
When installed, Enviro BSM provides a fully bonded, blindside waterproofing membrane system to encapsulate the concrete structure, thus preventing water ingress or migration.
How does BSM work?
Enviro BSM is a pre-applied, composite HDPE sheet membrane system that is designed to waterproof the blindside of concrete slabs and walls. Enviro BSM is composed of:
- Heavy Duty HDPE, which provides the waterproofing integrity of the Enviro BSM system.
- Pressure sensitive, reactive adhesion layer, which activates during the concrete pour and forms a continuous bond with the structural concrete.
- Trafficable protective layer, which protects the Enviro BSM during steel-fixing before the concrete is cast.
Where is BSM used?
Enviro BSM is typically used in the following situations:
- Concrete foundations, walls and slabs on grade
- Concrete foundations, walls and slabs below grade
- Lift pits
- Crane pits
- Methane gas barrier
Advantages of BSM?
Notable advantages of the Enviro BSM system include:
- Chemical & gas resistant- In addition to its waterproofing integrity, Enviro BSM is able to be used as a methane gas barrier and possesses excellent resistance to a variety of stressors.
- Easy application– Lightweight rolls, with a simplified installation procedure, allowing for a shortened construction period.
- Fully adhered lap joints– Allows for a fully bonded, blindside waterproofing system, mitigating the risk of failure.
- Trafficable- Enviro BSM is able to withstand full construction traffic, while providing a non-slip surface for subsequent trades.
- Improved construction scheduling- Steel and concrete placement can be immediate, and the Enviro BSM system is not affected by premature contact with water.
- Versatile- Enviro BSM can be applied to a variety of substrates including concrete, formwork and compacted fill, and its effectiveness is not compromised by foundation settlement.
- Environmentally Friendly- Enviro BSM is free of any base coat or open flame operation which reduces the cost of resources, and eliminates safety risks.
Enviro BSM has been used across a variety of jobs, worldwide, including:
- Biological Services Building – UNSW, Randwick
- Flower Mill, Summer Hill
- 333 George Street, Sydney
- Envirosystems Head Office, St Peters
- South West Plot, Sydney
- The Jewel, Broadbeach
- Hyderbad Centre Supermarket, India
- Marina Shopping Mall, Los Angeles
- Huifengheyuan Apartment Complex, Shanghai
- Hongqiao Xiexin Centre, Shanghai
- Downtown Shopping Mall, Tel Aviv
Get in contact to find out more about the Enviro BSM system.